wow… it’s been a while… again. I have been really, really sick. Don’t know what was wrong with me, but I am better now. I have been sewing some lately. I’ve made:
- a large tote of strip quilt squares, embroidered words in Twi and Fante, and an Adrinka symbol (Sankofa)
- a partially made tote with Zora Neale Hurston on it, embroidery and Adrinka symbols
- Some doll clothes for my nieces from a re-issued vintage pattern from Simplicity (# 3883)
- 2 patchwork skirts for my nieces
- a purse with a matching zippered cosmetic bag out of Elvis fabric for my niece
- a purse with a stencil of a B-gurl and a matching zippered cosmetic bag (w/stencil of “LadyK”) for my daughter
- a knitted scarf with a crochet border and flannel patch with the letter “K” embroidered on it w/yarn for my daughter
- a knitted hat to match the scarf with pompom on top
- 2 pairs of flannel pajama pants for my sons
- a pop tart zippered cosmetic bag for my niece
and I am will post pics and links in a few… but I just realized Columbo is on Hallmark and I have to go watch it.
Entry filed under: random thoughts. Tags: .